2014-01-25

Born Wicked The Cahill Witch Chronicles #1 (Farlig Förmåga) REVIEW



Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #1)By Jessica Spotswood
Pages: 330
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile

Everybody knows Cate Cahill and her sisters are eccentric. Too pretty, too reclusive, and far too educated for their own good. But the truth is even worse: they’re witches. And if their secret is discovered by the priests of the Brotherhood, it would mean an asylum, a prison ship—or an early grave.

Before her mother died, Cate promised to protect her sisters. But with only six months left to choose between marriage and the Sisterhood, she might not be able to keep her word... especially after she finds her mother’s diary, uncovering a secret that could spell her family’s destruction. Desperate to find alternatives to their fate, Cate starts scouring banned books and questioning rebellious new friends, all while juggling tea parties, shocking marriage proposals, and a forbidden romance with the completely unsuitable Finn Belastra.

If what her mother wrote is true, the Cahill girls aren’t safe. Not from the Brotherhood, the Sisterhood—not even from each other


Well, this one sure took me a while to finish. Give or take one month. 
In the beginning I had a very hard time grasping what era we were in. No explanation on that until 50 pages, and that is frustrating. I like knowing which era I'm in thank you very much. 

Cate is a strong protagonist, she questions everything things other people don't which will get her into great danger, but it does serve her good too. She doesn't let a man control her like the other women in town do. 


But at times she can be a real pain in the bum. She seems to think she needs to share everything  with her sisters, and she feels like a bad sister if she does not. I did not get that. Why would you have to tell them everything? 

This is a book about witches, and if you ask me it have some dystopian elements, and I think that made it a bit more boring. No real colors in this book that made my reality a tad bit more colorful. I mean, Sweden looks like a white mess at this moment. 

I think this book is the first book in a trilogy. I did't like this one so much but I might check out the second book. They just translated it to Swedish. 

xoxo Lihini

No comments:

Post a Comment