2013-07-27

This Is What Happy Looks Like REVIEW +

This Is What Happy Looks Like
By Jennifer E. Smith



Hardcover416 pages
Published April 2nd 2013 by Poppy


 If fate sent you an email, would you answer?


When teenage movie star Graham Larkin accidentally sends small town girl Ellie O'Neill an email about his pet pig, the two seventeen-year-olds strike up a witty and unforgettable correspondence, discussing everything under the sun, except for their names or backgrounds. 


Then Graham finds out that Ellie's Maine hometown is the perfect location for his latest film, and he decides to take their relationship from online to in-person. But can a star as famous as Graham really start a relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie want to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs? 
What a fun story!
I have made up this rule to never judge an author before reading at least 2 of her/his books. This Is my second E Smith book and I liked this one a lot more that the probability of love at first sight. why? This one was just so much more... realistic. even though this book is NOT realistic at all, it felt like it was. They got to know each other by email which I thought was a fun modern twist.
While reading this book I found myself thinking "wow this book reminds me of a Justin Bieber fanfic" (read a lot of those back in the ol' days) this book could as well have been a fanfic, but most fanfic authors are not that good, like Jennifer. I mean she is not a fanfic author, she is an author and she is a good- you know what I mean...
3/5 
~stay smart, stay chic
xoxo Lihini

No comments:

Post a Comment