2012-10-25

John Green - looking for alaska Review

before. Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. He heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart.
The book is split in two parts. Before and after. In the beginning that made me curious. I wanted to know what was in the middle! But when I realized what it was I became terribly sad. I just wanted to close the book sometimes because I thought it was unfair. But in the meantime I wanted to continue, cuz I was curious.  I think you might know the feeling, am I right? The main thing that took place in the book was totally unexpected. I really like that. You know when you think you what's gonna happen, and then you just get entirely blown of? If that's happens the writer is really good.   

I really recommend this book. Read it!

// Linnea ^.^




No comments:

Post a Comment